EOFY, LYBUNT & SYBUNT
With just one month until the End of Financial Year, there’s just enough time to make one last ask of your supporters. For registered Australian charities, donations over $2 are tax deductible, and for many maybe-donors this is an incentive to give! Here are three quick things you do to make the most of this EOFY:
- Send an end-of-year receipt and thank you letter – this is great for donors to do their taxes, an opportunity to keep your organisation front of mind and a good time to ask again!
- Reach out to donors who have not yet given this year – LYBUNTs and SYBUNTs! These are donors who have given; ‘Last Year But Unfortunately Not This’ and ‘Some Year But Unfortunately Not This’. Get on the phones or send out a targeted mailing, a personal ask is always a good ask!
- Invite your donors to join a Regular Giving program for the new Financial Year –give the option to donate monthly to one or more of your programs in the coming year.
And remember these Dos and Don’ts…
– Do make sure to thank your donors for the specific contributions they have made in the year.
– Don’t be afraid to include an appeal slip with your receipts and thank you letters
– Do let donors know what you have achieved this year with their help (or last year for LYBUNTs)
– Do let donors know what you have planned for the coming financial year, and how they can help you achieve your goals
– Don’t let the EOFY be a missed opportunity